These 15-Minute Honey Glazed Carrots are a delicious way for the family to love their veggies! Perfect as a holiday side dish, as well as any busy weeknight.
- 16 oz baby carrots (the smaller/thinner, the better; thicker ones need longer cook time)
- 2 TB salted butter
- 3 1/2 TB light brown sugar, packed
- 2 TB pure honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
- Thoroughly drain carrots and dry them with paper towels to remove all excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter (take care not to burn it.) Add carrots, brown sugar, honey, salt, and pepper, tossing well. Continue to cook and stir frequently for 15 minutes or until your carrots are tender. Sprinkle with parsley for garnish and serve immediately.
** The smaller/thinner your carrots are, the faster they will cook. Thicker carrots will need more time. You can also use regular carrots, peeled, and sliced to 1/2 inch thick coins.
** These carrots are best served immediately. They will lose some of their great texture and coating if allowed to sit out too long.
- Category: side dish