When you need to put dinner on the table fast, yet you want something healthy and delicious, this is the perfect solution. This 15-Minute Sesame Chicken is easy, quick, and tastes like you spent way more than just 15 minutes on it. Dinner is served, pronto!
Generally speaking, I’ve learned not to underestimate how long things might take. I often bite off way more than I can chew, but I’m a bit more savvy with time estimation than I used to be.
I try to plug in some cushion time into my already-packed schedule every day, just in case the unexpected arises. Like traffic jams at noon. Super long lines at the checkout. The computer having a meltdown when my deadline is now.
Interruptions happen. Like the car battery suddenly dying when we’re already late. That really just happened. I promptly drove half an hour to Costco to get a replacement battery, only to find out they no longer carry it. After waiting in long lines and a traffic jam.
The unexpected arises. Things take longer than anticipated. Toss in three boys’ worth of activities, and I’m lucky to get a good meal on the dinner table some evenings…
That’s the spice of life, I guess. Schedules are tight and life is busy and interruptions happen.
I aim for nutritious and delicious meals at dinnertime, because that’s the only time our family gets to sit down together on most days. I shoot for simple, tasty meals from scratch. But this is real life, and from-scratch doesn’t always happen.
Which brings me to this.
If you’ve been around this blog for awhile, you know I’m an obsessive label reader. It’s an addiction, really.
I stand in grocery store aisles and read everything before tossing it into my cart. So when Campbell’s asked me to try out their line of sauces, I checked out the ingredients first. Of course.
Not only have I been very pleased with what I find on the labels, but I’ve been thrilled with the variety of flavors.
I really like that amongst all the flavors, there are several Asian varieties to choose from. I’ve probably tried most of them by now. These Hawaiian Meatballs were a major hit in our house. So was this Sweet Korean BBQ using the slow cooker.
This week, I made this 15-Minute Sesame Chicken, which was full of great flavor — savory, sweet, and tangy all at once.
Over the skillet. And done in 15 minutes.
Simply stir fry some garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Toss in the chicken. Pour on the sauce. Garnish as you please.
Voila! A real meal in real little time that I feel good about serving.
The family gobbled this up, and Hubby was lucky I saved some to pack for his lunch the next day. It’s a big step up from the usual sandwiches I pack him 🙂
I would totally serve this to friends on a Friday night while catching up on The Mindy Project this fall 🙂
Here’s to expecting the unexpected. Making room for interruptions. And taking moments to breathe.
This 15-Minute Sesame Chicken is full of great flavor – savory, sweet, and tangy. It’s all done over the skillet and takes just 15 minutes. The sauce is delicious, and perfect over a bed of fluffy rice. Leftovers are great, too.
- 3 TB olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 packages Campbell’s Skillet Sauces, Sesame Chicken variety
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions, sliced, for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and stir just until fragrant but not burnt, 20 seconds. Add chicken and stir until browned. Stir in both packages of sauce and heat to a boil, stirring frequently. Once it boils, immediately reduce to low heat. Continue to stir just until chicken is cooked through, but don’t over cook.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with your favorite rice.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Campbell’s Skillet Sauces.
This post was sponsored by Campbell’s, but all opinions are totally my own.
How will you use Campbell’s Sauces to make a wonderful family dinner?
Tell me in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 Target Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.