Gnocchi with Sausage, Spinach, and Tomatoes
With all the busy ongoings of daily life, if you’re ever asked yourself who has time to cook? then you’re in the right place today.
Feeding the family deliciously nutritious meals doesn’t have to take hours to accomplish. Especially when there are fail proof one-pan meals that require minimal effort for maximum results.
This 20-minute Gnocchi with Sausage, Spinach, and Tomatoes is packed with big flavors the entire family will adore. Fluffy soft gnocchi, savory sausage, and fresh vegetables are combined into a tasty meal you’ll feel great about serving.
Bonus: you’ll appreciate the fact that there’s only one skillet for this easy gnocchi recipe.
Buying and Storing Gnocchi
Though we won’t pretend store-bought gnocchi is synonymous with the variety that comes from a masterful chef’s restaurant kitchen, we will vouch for the simplicity and ease that pre-made gnocchi provides. Not to mention, it tastes pretty incredible when treated right.
You’ll generally find vacuum sealed packages of gnocchi in the refrigerated section of your major grocery store. It can sometimes be found in the pasta aisle as well. Packaged gnocchi will feel soft to the touch, unlike other dry pasta. Gnocchi differs from pasta, as it’s made with potatoes. Thus, its characteristics are soft and fluffy, rather than chewy.
Once you bring your gnocchi home, store it in either your fridge or pantry at moderate room temperature in its original vacuum sealed container. We recommend using the entire package once opened, in order to enjoy it as freshly as possible.
Although this easy gnocchi recipe is already unbelievably simple and quick, we’re still fond of any streamlining strategies that make dinnertime even easier.
Here are a few tips for you to make our fast and easy gnocchi recipe even quicker:
- Whenever you have a recipe or need for chopped onions and/or garlic, go ahead and chop plenty of extra. Place extras in an airtight container and freeze until your next recipe calls for chopped onions or garlic.
- Buy ground Italian sausage without casings. This eliminates the need to remove casings when you go to cook the sausage.
- Buy baby spinach leaves in the pre-packaged salad section of your grocery store, pre-washed and ready to use.
- You can buy pre-shredded cheeses, or better yet — shred your own blocks of cheese one night and place in airtight containers to keep in fridge for recipes that call for shredded cheese.
This 20-Minute, One-Pan Gnocchi with Sausage with Spinach is a completely fuss-free recipe that will satisfy your carb lovers, carnivores, and and melty cheese eaters. Enjoy.
Try This One-Pot Creamy Gnocchi with Chicken, Too:
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
20-Minute, One-Pan Gnocchi with Sausage and Spinach
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Italian sausage, bulk, no casings
- 1 16 oz package potato gnocchi (from refrigerated or pasta aisle)
- 1 14.5 oz can Italian flavored diced tomatoes with juices (do not drain)
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and heat over medium high until hot. Add onion and garlic and stir/cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add sausage; stir and break it up into pieces, until nicely browned. Don't drain. Add uncooked gnocchi. Stir 1 min, gently breaking up any clumps. Stir in tomatoes with juices and chicken broth. Cover and cook on medium heat, 5 min, or just until gnocchi is fluffy and cooked through. Turn off heat.
- Add spinach and pepper. Stir until spinach leaves are wilted. Sprinkle with cheeses and cover for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melty. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
favorite weeknight one-pan meals
- One-Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken. Creamy, quick, and delish!
2. One-Pot Pizza Pasta. No need for pizza dough; get your weeknight pizza fix with this delish pasta!
3. One-Pot Thai Chicken and Rice. A simple twist for something deliciously different from your everyday one-pot!
4. One-Pot Enchilada Rice Casserole. Get all the yum in an enchilada, with this easy rice dish!