Busy weeknights? No problem. This easy and fast Gnocchi with Sausage and Spinach is wonderfully tasty! All you need is 20 minutes and one pan. Deliciously simple! Serve with a loaf of French or Italian bread to eat up any leftover sauce.
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Italian sausage (bulk, no casings)
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi (from refrigerated or pasta aisle)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian flavored diced tomatoes with juices (do not drain)
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and heat over medium high until hot. Add onion and garlic and stir/cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add sausage; stir and break it up into pieces, until nicely browned. Don’t drain. Add uncooked gnocchi. Stir 1 min, gently breaking up any clumps. Stir in tomatoes with juices and chicken broth. Cover and cook on medium heat, 5 min, or just until gnocchi is fluffy and cooked through. Turn off heat.
- Add spinach and pepper. Stir until spinach leaves are wilted. Sprinkle with cheeses and cover for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melty. Serve immediately.
Sliced French or Italian bread is a great accompaniment, for soaking up leftover sauce.
Make it meatless: Simply skip the sausage and add another veggie instead. Sub veggie broth for chicken broth.
- Category: Dinner, main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Gnocchi with Sausage, Easy Gnocchi Recipe