This Overnight Oats Recipe needs only 3 simple, pure ingredients and no cook time at all. It’s incredibly easy to get your healthy, hearty oatmeal in the morning with zero fuss. Prepare individual jars for your eaters and let them choose their toppings.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (not quick cook)
- 1/2 to 1 cup almond milk (or other milk of your choice)*
- 3 tsp pure honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup any flavor yogurt, cinnamon, chia seeds*
- Optional Topping ideas: fresh berries, dried fruit, bananas, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips
- In a mason jar or other glass container with lid, add the oats, desired amount of milk, and desired amount of honey.
- If desired, add chia seeds and cinnamon (recommend including them for extra texture and flavor) Stir to combine well. Add yogurt if you’d like. Stir and cover with lid. Chill overnight.
- If enjoying cold, simply add your choice of toppings and eat. If you prefer hot oatmeal, be sure your container is microwavable and set it on high for about 1-1.5 minutes. Stir well, add your toppings, and enjoy!
If adding chia seeds, go with closer to 1 cup milk, as chia seeds will soak up some liquid. If not using chia seeds, use 1/2 cup milk. Also, if you’re planning to do a quick microwave zap in the morning for hot oatmeal, add more milk (heating the oats will soak up more liquid as well)
Yogurt provides creamier, thicker texture. It’s not recommended that you heat up your oats in the morning yogurt was added to the mixture.
You can easily customize this to make it vegan, gluten free, or sugar free
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: overnight oats, overnight oatmeal, no-cook oatmeal