30-Minute Kung Pao Shrimp
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 TB Asian oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 TB cooking oil
- 1 lb extra large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB grated fresh ginger
- In a bowl, whisk together the broth, oyster sauce, Sriracha, and cornstarch. Heat 1 TB oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat just until smoking. Add shrimp and peanuts, and cook just until shrimp turn spotty colored, 1 min. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining oil, bell peppers, garlic, and ginger. Stir and cook on medium 3 minutes. Stir in the broth mixture and bring to boil.
- Add shrimp and peanuts and simmer just until sauce thickens and shrimp are opaque, no more than 1 minute.
- Serve over white rice.