- Olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 TB dried oregano
- 3 tsp dried cumin
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes with juices
- Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups (32 oz) good chicken stock
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or boil chicken in salty water and shred)
- 2 large zucchini, cut to bite size
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat 4-5 TB olive oil. Saute onions and garlic just until soft and translucent. Add oregano and cumin and cook another minute. Add tomatoes with juices, Worcestershire, chicken stock, and quinoa. Bring to a boil, and immediately lower to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add juice of half the lime. Add shredded, cooked chicken and zucchini. Bring back to simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste. Add more lime as desired.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro leaves.
- *Note: If you prefer more of a kick, add a bit of cayenne pepper to taste. For variation, add corn or black beans.