This 30-Minute One-Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is perfect for all those busy weeknights. It’s healthy, tasty, and super easy. Get ready to add this to your regular dinner routine.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs, towel dried and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin’
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 jar (16oz) salsa verde
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
- In a large, deep skillet over medium high heat, add all ingredients. Try to submerge all pieces of chicken in the liquid of pan. Cover tightly and bring to a low boil, cooking for 12-15 minutes or just until chicken is no longer pink in center. Do not overcook.
- Gently shred the chicken. Add kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro and lime. Serve over rice, tortillas, or chips.
You may use chicken breasts in lieu of the thighs, but chicken thighs will yield a noticeably more tender dish.
- Category: dinner, main
- Cuisine: Mexican