This 30-Minute Skinny Orange Chicken
- 2 tsp grated orange zest, plus 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 TB Asian rice vinegar
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp olive or canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts or thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 stalks scallions, thinly sliced
- Optional: Cooked rice for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger, garlic powder, and cornstarch. Whisk until cornstarch is fully dissolved, with no white lumps left.
- Towel dry the pieces of chicken. Cut into bite-size pieces. In a large nonstick pan, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add chicken and kosher salt. Cook and stir until chicken is just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In now-empty pan, add the orange sauce mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, 30 seconds. Return the cooked chicken back to pan, along with any accumulated juices. Toss to coat chicken. Serve immediately over cooked rice. Sprinkle with scallions for garnish.
- Category: dinner, main
- Cuisine: Asian