This Steak Teriyaki is superbly tender, bursting with big flavor, and so quick to make! Dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes. Your family is sure to enjoy this one. It’s a keeper!
- 1/2 cup regular soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB grated fresh ginger
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp rd pepper flakes
- 3 strip steaks, 10-12 oz each, 1 inch thick
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and pepper flakes.
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until smoking. Add steaks and cook just until well browned, 3-5 min per side. Transfer to plate and tent with foil at least 5 min.
- Wipe out skillet and add soy sauce mixture. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is thickened, 2 min. Slice steaks thin against the grain and transfer to platter. Pour sauce over steak and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.