When you don’t want to turn on your oven and prefer steamed bread instead, you can have these fluffy soft steamed buns in under 30 minutes. They are absolutely delicious and tender. Perfect weeknight meal solution.
- 1 can (8 count) refrigerated large buttermilk biscuits (I use Trader Joes)
- water for steaming
- Line the basket of a steamer with wax paper.
- Pop open can of biscuits and flatten each biscuit into approx. 3 1/2″ rounds. Fold each round in half (like a mini taco) and pinch edges together to seal.
- Place buns in steamer with an inch or two of space in between each bun.
- Set steamer in a large wok or very large pan.
- Fill wok or pan with as much water as possible, without the water touching bottom of the steamer. There should be about 3/4 – 1″ of space between pan and steamer to ensure the boiling water doesn’t reach the buns.
- Cover steamer tightly. Bring water to a boil. Reduce to a medium-low boil and let steam about 20-25 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let buns rest 5 minutes before removing cover.
- Category: bread