This 30-Minute White Bean Turkey Chili is easy, fast, and satisfying on any busy weeknight! We use ground turkey, but feel free to use up your holiday turkey in this easily adaptable recipe!
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 lb lean (90-95%) ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (10 oz each) diced tomatoes with chilies, with juices
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) white beans, with juices
- 3 cups good quality chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- lime wedges to serve
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- kosher salt to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat 3 TB oil over medium high heat until hot. Add turkey and 1/8 tsp kosher salt, stirring and breaking up the ground meat until cooked through. Don’t drain. Add onion, bell peppers, garlic, diced tomatoes with chilies and all the juices, cumin, and oregano. Stir often over medium high heat until onions are tender, 3-4 min.
- Stir in the white beans with juices and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to medium heat and continue cooking and stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Add kosher salt to taste. Stir in cheese and serve with lime wedges and cilantro for garnish.
If you’d like a milder chili, use just 1 can of tomatoes with chilies and 1 can of tomatoes without chilies.
- Category: dinner, main