These homemade cheese crackers are sooo much better than any store bought crackers! They’re full of real cheddar cheese, they’re crispy and flaky, and contain only 4 ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups high quality sharp cheddar, grated
- 4 TB cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt (plus a bit more for garnish, if desired)
- In a food processor, process all ingredients until dough comes together. It should feel like play-dough. Shape into 2 separate disks, wrap in plastic, and chill for 30 minutes or longer in the fridge.
- Place a dough disk between 2 pieces of wax or parchment paper and roll dough out to a rectangle 1/8 in thick. Using a long sharp knife, cut the dough into 1-in squares. Use a toothpick or lollipop stick to punch a hold into the centers of squares. If desired, sprinkle a bit of kosher salt on top.
- Return cut dough on paper to fridge to chill for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350F, with rack on middle lower position. Transfer crackers to parchment lined baking sheet, with 1/2 inch between each cracker. Bake 14-15 minutes or until crackers are puffed up and golden. You can tap gently to check for crispness. Add another minute of bake time if you want it crispier.