This 5-Minute Real Guacamole is authentic, with bold and zesty flavors that will dazzle your taste buds. It’s hard to believe something this healthy and delicious is this easy. (Bonus: whole30 and paleo compliant)
- 6 large haas avocados, semi-ripe
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped and seeded/drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Halve avocados, remove the seeds, and scoop flesh into a large bowl. Roughly mash with a fork, leaving some chunky bits. Immediately fold in lime juice, using a spoon or rubber spatula. Gently fold in all remaining ingredients until combined. Transfer guacamole to serving bowl; place cling wrap directly over the guacamole to form an airtight seal. Chill until ready to serve.
If desired, you can replace the garlic powder with 2 cloves of freshly minced garlic.
Guacamole can stay fresh and green 1-2 days if completely airtight; be sure that cling wrap is resting directly over the surface of guacamole to prevent any air from seeping in.
- Category: appetizer, snack