- 2 pounds chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes only)
- 2/3 teaspoon kosher salt (not fine table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
For the Honey Buffalo Sauce:
- 4 Tablespoon butter, sliced
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Original sauce
Optional: ranch dressing, for serving
- Pat Dry: Dry excess moisture from chicken wings with paper towels.
- Toss: In a bowl, toss chicken wings with salt, pepper, baking powder, and corn starch to coat all pieces well.
- Arrange: Place chicken wings in a single layer in air fryer basket/tray, taking care not to overcrowd. It’s essential for hot air to freely circulate on all sides of wing pieces (if possible, arrange some drumettes vertically along the cooking tray, for more space.)
- Cook: Set air fryer to 375F and cook wings for 24 minutes, turning them over with tongs halfway through. When done, turn wings over again and increase air fryer temperature to 400F for another 5 minutes, or just until the wings are crispy and golden. Repeat another batch as necessary, based on size of your air fryer.
- Sauce: While wings are cooking, combine honey buffalo sauce ingredients in a pan. Stir on low heat just until butter is melted. Cover to keep warm.
- Serve: When wings are done, toss with honey buffalo sauce and serve immediately. Serve with ranch dressing on the side, if desired.
For gluten-free dish, check that your baking powder and corn starch are certified gluten-free.
Wings are also delicious without the honey buffalo sauce, for a lower fat/sodium dish. Be sure to use coarse kosher salt, not fine table salt.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating
- Category: appetizer
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings, buffalo chicken wings, crispy chicken wings