This Crunchy Thai Salad holds up to its name; it’s full of crunchy goodies and tossed with the most amazing dressing…you’ll keep coming back for more.
For the Salad:
- 1 large roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 large cucumber; peeled, seeded, and julienned
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 ripe mango, julieneed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts or cashews
For the Dressing:
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 TB tightly packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 TB freshly chopped ginger
- 1 TB Sriracha
- 1 TB Asian fish sauce
- Make the Dressing ahead of time: Add all dressing ingredients into a blender (or immersion hand blender) and blend until mixture is mostly liquid (small chunks are fine.) Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients except for the nuts. Gently toss in desired amount of prepared dressing. Divide into individual plates and sprinkle nuts over the top. Enjoy immediately.
Don’t skip the fish sauce, as it lends an amazing “umami” flavor to the dressing – it’s not “fishy” tasting at all. Rather, it elevates flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
Dressing can be made 1-2 days ahead; I like making extra to use for future salads. It’s naturally oil-free and fat-free.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: Side Dish, Salad
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
Keywords: healthy Thai salad, Asian Salad, Thai Salad Recipe