These Almond Blossoms (Kiss Cookies) are a tantalizing alternative to the classic peanut butter based blossoms. These are peanut-free, tender, and basically amazing.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cups creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- small bowl of granulated sugar for coating cookies
- 35 chocolate kisses with almonds, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the butter and almond butter. Mix with the paddle attachment on medium high speed, until well combined. Add both sugars and beat again until fluffy and light. Add egg, both extracts, and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gently add into the butter mixture, beating on low-speed just until combined. Shape balls of dough, 1-inch each. Roll in bowl of granulated sugar to coat the dough balls. Place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheets. Bake 7-8 minutes or until cookies are puffy and slightly browned on the bottom/edges. Remove cookies from oven and gently press chocolate kisses into the centers of cookies while hot. Cool completely on cookie sheet before attempting to transfer. Keep cookies in airtight container for freshness.