This One Pot Pasta is great grub food, easy and yummy. It feeds a crowd, and is extremely flexible; add your choice of meat, make it meatless, or add other veggies!
- 16 ounces dry linguini (or whole box of your favorite pasta)
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil, roughly chopped (more for garnish, if desired)
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups regular chicken broth (up to 1/2 cup more, if desired)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken (store bought for ease)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, washed
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large, heavy pot combine all ingredients except basil, spinach, and chicken. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Continue to boil pasta, stirring often, until pasta is almost al dente (according to package instructions), and water has nearly evaporated. About 9 minutes for linguini.
- Add basil, spinach, and shredded chicken. Boil and stir another minute, just until veggies are wilted.
- If needed, season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Divide among bowls, garnish with parmesan or basil, and serve warm.
- Category: main