This apple caramel cinnamon cake is SUCH a gem. It’s super moist, tender, and brimming with warm spices and plummy apples. It is just as delish with or without the caramel drizzle!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, diced small)
- 1/2 cup caramel candies
- 2 tsp water
- powdered sugar, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and move rack to middle or lower middle position. Generously grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of a mixer, beat oil and eggs until fully combined. Add both sugars and vanilla and beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture and use rubber spatula to fold together just until incorporated. The batter will be thick. Fold in the diced apples with spatula and spread batter into greased/floured pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Don’t over-bake.
- Cool cake on wire rack. Slice into squares to serve, when cake is cooled.
- For caramel drizzle: Melt caramels and 2 tsp water in saucepan, stirring constantly just until melted. Will be very hot! Drizzle with fork over cake squares. Sprinkle powdered sugar just before serving, if desired.