This Asian Pasta Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing is healthy, light, and supremely delicious. Easily whip it up in less than 30 minutes. Asian Pasta Salad is fabulous for picnics, potlucks, or a healthy family meal.
- For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar (found in most stores’ Asian aisles)
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 3 TB pure honey
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 TB Asian toasted sesame oil (caramel brown in color)
- ⅓ cup canola or olive oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TB toasted sesame seeds
- For Pasta Salad:
- 16 oz cooked rotini, drained and cooled (sprinkle with olive oil to prevent sticking)
- 16 oz bag of fresh cole slaw mix (no dressing)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup edamame (pre-shelled)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds
- Do Ahead: In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended. Transfer to desired container and keep chilled until ready to use.
- When ready to serve: Toss together all salad ingredients, except for almonds, in a serving bowl. Gently toss in desired amount of dressing. Garnish with almonds and serve.
Unused dressing can be kept in airtight container for several weeks in the fridge.
Make this recipe GF by using your favorite gluten-free pasta.
This version is meatless, but feel free to add shredded cooked chicken or shrimp if desired.
- Category: Pasta, Salad, Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian