This Asian Rice Salad is an exciting blend of flavors, color, and texture. The blend of grains and greens with sesame ginger dressing is jaw-dropping delicious!
- For the Salad:
- 1 bag cooked Minute Rice Multi-Grain Medley, cooled to room temp
- 1/2 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 can (15oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie works well; or omit for meatless)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced thinly
- For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar (found in most stores’ Asian aisles)
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 3 TB pure honey
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 TB Asian toasted sesame oil (caramel brown in color)
- ⅓ cup canola or olive oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TB toasted sesame seeds
- Do Ahead: In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended. Transfer to desired container and keep chilled until ready to use.
- When ready to serve: In salad bowl, toss together cooked Multi-Grain Medley, Romaine lettuce, carrots, cabbage, edamame, bell pepper, and cilantro. Toss with enough dressing to coat well. Gently toss in shredded chicken and mandarin oranges, sprinkling in more dressing as desired. Garnish top of salad with almonds and green onions. Serve immediately.
- * Unused dressing may be kept in an airtight container in fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Category: side, salad