This Autumn Pumpkin Cornbread is tender and tastes outstanding. It’s packed with all the fall flavors you’ve waited the whole year for. Make this instead of plain cornbread and see for yourself. It’s amazing with melted butter or honey!
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whole Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a deep dish 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin, yogurt, brown sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Whisk to combine well, until smooth and no clumps remain.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, cornmeal, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk to combine well. Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture just until batter is combined and smooth. Don’t over-mix.
- Transfer mixture into prepared deep-dish pie pan. Bake about 27 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean (a few tender crumbs attached are fine.) Cool 30 minutes before cutting. Serve with melted butter for a more savory flavor, or honey for a sweeter flavor.
- Category: side