This Autumn Pumpkin Hummus is fall-snackin’ fabulous. It’s super healthy, deliciously savory, and mildly sweet. Great as an appetizer or party snack.
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 can (13.5 oz) chickpeas with liquid
- Juice from half of a large lemon
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 2 TB tahini (pure sesame paste)
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB pure honey
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds) for garnish, extra olive oil for drizzling
- In a strong blender or food processor, add all ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy (include the liquid from can of chickpeas to loosen the texture.) Transfer hummus to serving bowl. If desired, drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with pepitas for garnish.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, soft pita bread, etc. Keeps well in an airtight container in fridge for several days.