This Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad with Lime Dressing
This is one avocado salad that will immediately solicit recipe requests. Everything about this dish hollers big flavors while maintaining a guiltlessly healthy profile. The lime dressing is addictively tangy, sweet, and delightfully zesty. You may want to make a double batch of this honey lime dressing to keep on hand for all the salads.
We’ve been sharing this Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad for years with friends and family. This is one of those favorite fail-proof hits that you can count on. Whether it’s Taco Tuesdays, potluck parties, or just a healthy lunch…this avocado salad will immediately be on the A-list.
This zippy salad is perfect for picnics, backyard gatherings, or even a healthy lunch. Make it ahead of time to let flavors meld into a deliciously satisfying dish.
How to Prepare Ahead
Make-ahead dishes are always welcome, especially when it comes to having picnic-ready containers you can grab and pack. If you’re having a little gathering, there’s nothing more helpful than having dishes that have already been made ahead of time, just waiting to be served.
The dressing can be made 1 to 2 days ahead of time and chilled until ready to use. In fact, the flavors in the dressing tend to deepen as it sits.
Most of the parts in this salad can easily be diced and sliced ahead of time. You’ll note the recipe recommends combining most of the ingredients at least 4 hours ahead of time, up to overnight. The only piece that needs to be done last-minute is adding the fresh avocado, as avocados can turn brown if sliced too early.
Why You’ll Love This Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad with Lime Dressing:
- It’s make-ahead easy. Just cut, toss, and chill until ready to serve. Can even be prepped the night before.
- The balance of creamy avocados and crunchy cucumbers are irresistible (texture bliss.)
- It’s audaciously healthy. Loaded with antioxidants, protein, and superfood powers. No refined sugars.
- This salad doubles as a garnish or dip. It’s amazing as a tasty side dish for your Tex Mex meal. It’s also unbelievably delicious served as-is, with crispy tortilla chips.
You May Want this Recipe, Too:
Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad with Lime Dressing
For Lime Dressing:
- ½ cup fresh lime juice, about 4-5 limes + bit more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB pure honey
- 2 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed with cold water and drained well
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup sweet onion, vidalia, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 semi-firm avocados, they should indent just slightly when pressed, indicating ripeness without being overly ripe.
- Combine all Dressing ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to incorporate well. Can be made a day or two ahead of time; cover and chill until ready to use.
- In serving bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except for avocados. Toss so that ingredients are well mixed (avocados will be mixed in last, to prevent browning.)
- Whisk the lime dressing again and immediately pour over the salad. Use rubber spatula to gently toss salad with dressing to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 4 hours up to overnight, so flavors can infuse. Just before serving, peel and dice avocados. Use rubber spatula to gently fold avocado into salad and serve with tortilla chips. Delicious over homemade tacos or burrito bowl as well.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Stunning Southwestern Salads:
20-Minute Mexican Style Chicken Salad: this chicken salad is lighter than most, yet big on flavors. It’s wonderful served wrap-style in your favorite flour or corn tortilla. It’s also delectable served alongside tortilla chips or over a bed of crisp greens.
Southwestern Barley Salad: you’d be hard pressed to find a salad as hearty and satisfying as this Tex Mex style barley salad. It makes a deliciously healthy lunch all on its own, or add some grilled/shredded chicken for a meal-in-one.
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing: you may want a bottle of this creamy cilantro lime dressing in your fridge at all times. It’s healthier than store bought versions, yet bursting with zesty flavors.
Mexican Rice Salad (Chipotle Style): this fresh, healthy burrito bowl is a dinnertime jackpot. You can serve up hefty bowls to hungry eaters, or let them pile it on themselves, make-your-own style.