This Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad with Lime Dressing is super easy to make ahead and tastes amazing! It’s an absolute hit at picnics, gatherings, or lunch. Perfect with crispy tortilla chips.
- For Lime Dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4–5 limes) + bit more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB pure honey
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- For Salad:
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed with cold water and drained well
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (vidalia), chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 semi-firm avocados (they should indent just slightly when pressed, indicating ripeness without being overly ripe.)
- Combine all Dressing ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to incorporate well. Can be made a day or two ahead of time; cover and chill until ready to use.
- In serving bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except for avocados. Toss so that ingredients are well mixed (avocados will be mixed in last, to prevent browning.)
- Whisk the lime dressing again and immediately pour over the salad. Use rubber spatula to gently toss salad with dressing to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 4 hours up to overnight, so flavors can infuse. Just before serving, peel and dice avocados. Use rubber spatula to gently fold avocado into salad and serve with tortilla chips. Delicious over homemade tacos or burrito bowl as well.
Yields about 10-12 servings as an appetizer. Serves about 8 as a side dish.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: Avocado Salad, Black Bean Salad, Corn Salad