This Banana Pudding Cake is dreamy and luscious! It’s extremely moist, tender, and boasts huge banana flavor. This cake is perfect for brunch and dessert alike. It’s delish without any icing, but feel free to add your own if you wish!
- 2 very, very ripe medium bananas, roughly mashed
- 1 box yellow cake mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist turns out best)
- 1 (4-serving size) package Jello banana cream instant pudding powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower-middle position. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and instant pudding powder. Whisk to loosen any lumps. Add eggs, water, and oil. Whisk just until incorporated. Using rubber spatula, fold in bananas just until combined; don’t over-mix.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan, lightly shaking to even out the batter.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached. Don’t over bake.
- Cool completely in pan on rack. Once cool, use very thin knife to separate cake from pan edges, if needed. Invert and remove cake.
This banana pudding cake is so fantastic on its own that it needs no frosting or icing. We love it as-is. That said, if you really want to ice it, here are quick and simple options: Mix 1 TB warm milk + 1 cup powdered sugar until it’s the consistency of thick icing. Transfer into a small Ziploc baggie and cut a tiny hole in the corner; drizzle over cooled cake.
Or, top with powdered sugar, sliced bananas, whipped cream, ice cream, or fresh fruit.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana pudding cake, banana bundt cake, banana cake