These BBQ Chopped Chicken Sandwiches are the best of both worlds — the beloved BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, in convenient sandwich form. Packable, easy, and perfect for workday and school day lunches.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and chopped to small bite size pieces
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup honey BBQ sauce
- Dave’s Killer Bread, your favorite variety
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss until well incorporated. Slather desired amount of chopped chicken salad onto sliced bread. Serve immediately or wrap tightly and chill to serve within a couple of hours. This particular bread is quite hearty and holds up well with the filling. Otherwise, you can place chicken salad in a separate container in lunch box and slather on bread right before you enjoy.