This is simply the best banana bread recipe; we keep coming back to it. This easy banana bread is moist and offers huge banana flavor without distractions.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temp but not at all melty
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 6 medium-sized overly ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Grease a nonstick 9×5 loaf pan (light colored pan, if possible.) Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides and paddle as needed (2-3min.) Add eggs and beat on medium-low speed just until combined. Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract; continue beating just until mixture is incorporated. Remove bowl from stand mixer and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Add flour mixture to bowl with banana mixture.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold dry and wet ingredients together just until no flour streaks remain, scraping down sides as needed. Do not over-mix, as doing so causes a drier/tougher texture.
- Scrape batter fully into greased loaf pan, gently evening out batter to the edges and corners of pan. Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out with a few tender crumbs attached. Do not wait until toothpick is completely clean, or your loaf may become over-baked.
- Let finished loaf cool in pan at room temp overnight or at least until lukewarm. Gently loosen bread from edges of pan with thin knife, turn it out onto a cutting board, and slice to serve.
This banana bread is meant to be purely banana-focused, so we kept it simple. If you’d like to amp up the flavors with some spices, feel free to add cinnamon and nutmeg (recommend starting with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg.)
Our banana bread isn’t overly sweet, as it relies on overripe bananas to provide some sweetness as well. If you prefer a sweeter bread, use 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
If you enjoyed this bread, come back and give it a rating ♡
Keywords: banana bread recipe, easy banana bread, moist banana bread