This Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake boasts a tender and moist crumb. It is loaded with fresh blueberries and the zest of refreshing lemons. The glaze soaks into the cake, making it even more tender. Even better the next day, if you can wait that long.
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup butter, softened just to room temp
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 4 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, towel dried and tossed with 1 TB flour
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Grease and flour a large bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and table salt until well combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add lemon juice, zest, and vanilla extract, beating just until combined. Add buttermilk and beat until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until incorporated – do not overmix. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out almost clean. A few tender crumbs attached is perfect.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a thin and sharp knife around all edges to loosen cake. Turn out and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake and allow it to seep into cake.
- Leftovers can be kept at room temp in airtight container.
- Category: dessert