This is really the Best Easy Roasted Vegetables recipe you’ll ever roast and eat. It comes together in a snap, is vibrantly colorful, and supremely delicious.
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup red, orange, or yellow sweet bell peppers, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup mushrooms, whole or halved if they’re large
- 1 cup baby red potatoes, cubed
- 1 TB freshly chopped oregano
- 1 TB freshly chopped basil
- 1 TB fresh thyme leaves
- 1 TB freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475F with rack on middle position. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables and potatoes. Add all the fresh herbs, seasonings, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss well to coat completely. Arrange mixture evenly in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Roast 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until veggies/potatoes are cooked and nicely browned.
Mixture can be pre-cut, seasoned, and kept in airtight container the day before cooking. Great for prep-ahead dish!
It helps if all your veggies are cut to roughly the same size so they cook at the same rate.