This is our favorite tried-and-true Zucchini Bread Recipe that’s guaranteed to be tender, moist, and flavorful. Perfect for breakfast, this zucchini bread can be made the night before.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded zucchini, packed (about 3 medium-small ones)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350F with oven rack on lower middle position. Grease and flour a 9×4 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Whisk: In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and oil.
3. Drain: Place shredded zucchini in a fine mesh colander and press out all excess moisture (I use a spatula to firmly press.) Add zucchini to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Whisk: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until well combined.
5. Fold: Using a rubber spatula, gently fold wet mixture with dry mixture just until no white flour streaks remain; do not over work the batter. Use rubber spatula to transfer batter evenly into greased/floured pan.
6. Bake: Bake 45-55 minutes uncovered, or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean, with a few tiny, tender crumbs attached. Let bread cool in pan on wire rack. Gently loosen with a sharp knife and remove bread from pan. Once bread has cooled to room temperature, slice and serve.
Bread can be made the night before and cooled at room temp overnight. This bread also freezes well; wrap airtight and freeze for up to several weeks.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bread