This Black Bean Avocado Dip uses just a few, real, simple ingredients to create a healthy, guilt-free snack in a jiffy! Great for parties, too.
- 2 cans (13.5 oz each) cans black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 medium-large avocados, peeled/seeded
- Juice of 1 medium-large lime
- 4 stalks scallions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- In a heavy-duty blender or food processor, add beans, onion, garlic, tomato, and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Add avocados, lime juice, scallions, salt, pepper, and cumin. Blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped scallions if desired.
This dip is delicious with crispy corn tortilla chips, bagel chips, pita chips, crackers, veggie sticks, or over crostini! It keeps well when kept in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.