This delicious salad/dip/salsa will knock your socks off. Your people will be impressed with how well the flavors marry in this recipe!
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4–5 limes) + bit more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed with cold water and drained well
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 2 large (or 3 medium) slightly ripened avocados
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (vidalia), chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, for lime dressing. Whisk to incorporate well. Set dressing aside.
- In serving bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except for avocados. Toss so that ingredients are well mixed (avocados will be mixed in later, to prevent browning.)
- Whisk the lime dressing again, and immediately pour over the salad. Gently toss salad with dressing to coat evenly. Let dish sit at least 4-6 hours so flavors can infuse. Just before serving, peel and dice avocados and sprinkle with bit of lime juice. Gently mix avocados into salad and serve.
- Category: salad, appetizer