This BLT Burger with Roasted Garlic Mayo takes a classic burger to the next level. Buttery avocado, caramelized onions, and an amazing sauce over a juicy all-beef patty. It’s the reason for grill season.
- For Roasted Garlic Mayo Sauce:
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup real mayo
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For Burgers:
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TB oil
- 2 lbs ground beef (chuck, 80/20)
- white cheddar cheese slices
- 1 avocado, sliced and drenched in lemon juice
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- Make Roasted Garlic Mayo: Mash up roasted garlic cloves. Mix well with remaining sauce ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Lasts for up to a week in fridge.
- For the Burgers: In a large nonstick pan, cook onions in the 2 TB oil over medium high heat, stirring often. Cook until very soft and golden brown, caramelized. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a bowl, liberally sprinkle ground beef with salt and pepper and mix to incorporate. Shape into 4 large patties, and keep at room temp. When ready to cook, grill burgers to medium rare or medium. Place cheese slices on top of the patties and keep warm.
- Assemble Burgers: Spread garlic mayo generously on buns. Layer on avocado, bacon, tomatoes, caramelized onions, and lettuce over warm cheese/beef patties.