Brie and Fig Crostini are simple, quick, and delicious! Sweet, salty, creamy, and crispy all in one bite. Perfect for all the holiday gatherings.
- 1 full size baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 TB butter, melted
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 wheel (about 15 oz) good quality brie, sliced into 1/4 slices
- 1 jar (about 18 oz) fig preserves
- Preheat oven to 375F, with rack on upper middle position. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place baguette slices in a single layer on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter with olive oil. Use a pastry brush to brush butter mixture evenly on both sides each baguette slice. Bake 8-10 minutes or until slices become crispy. If needed, flip crostini over to allow crisping on the bottom side for a few minutes.
- Place a slice of brie over each crostini. Top each crostini with a generous dollop of fig preserves. Serve.
If desired, you can warm the brie on crostini slices a bit in the oven before adding the fig jam.
Crostini are best used within a day, to maintain its crispness.