This Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake is rich, moist, and supremely buttery. Be sure to generously grease and flour your pan, so the cake doesn’t stick to it. The milky caramel drizzle is amazing.
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temp
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 oz crunchy toffee chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
For the Caramel:
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 TB salted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F, with rack on lower middle position.
- Generously grease and flour the bottom and sides of a large/deep Bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy and light using medium-high speed. Add eggs and beat to combine. Add milk and beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter batter on low speed, just until combined; do not over mix.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the toffee bits and pecans into the batter. Transfer to greased/floured Bundt. There should be about 11/2 inches of room left at the top, if pan is large enough. If not, be sure to leave room at the top for rising.
- Bake 80-82 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean, with a few tender crumbs attached. If cake browns too quickly, cover lightly with foil during the last 15-30 minutes of baking.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Very carefully separate the cake from pan by running a very thin knife around the sides and center. Gently remove cake from pan and let it cool completely on wire rack.
- When almost ready to serve, make the caramel drizzle: In a saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk with brown sugar. Bring to a boil over mdeium high heat, whisking often. Immediately reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, whisking often.
- Whisk in butter and vanilla and simmer/whisk for another 5 minutes. Caramel should be a thickened consistency. If not, whisk a bit longer and let it cool a bit to gain thickness. Drizzle the caramel while it is still quite warm. Once it cools, it will become thick and sticky.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 80 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown sugar bundt cake, brown sugar pound cake, pound cake