This Caprese Pasta Salad is simple, full of good nutritious ingredients, and tastes even better than it looks! The flavors meld together into a refreshing and pure pasta salad. It keeps very well chilled in fridge.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups flat parsley leaves
- 1 lb dry fusilli or rotini pasta
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus some for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 8 oz small fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, seeded and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives with pimientos
- In a large heavy pot, bring well-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta just until al dente, according to instructions, taking care not to cook past that. Drain fully but do not rinse. Transfer to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with a bit of olive oil, tossing so pasta is thinly coated.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour dressing over pasta and toss until evenly coated. Add more kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste. If not serving immediately, wrap tightly and chill.
- When ready to serve, toss in the mozzarella halves, tomato halves, and olives, to combine well. Serve. Leftovers may be covered and chilled up to 3 days.
- Category: side, salad