If you appreciate the classic fall flavors of apple and caramel, these Caramel Apple Baked Donuts are a must-try. They are tender, yummy, and a quintessential fall treat. Bonus: they’re baked, not fried.
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¾ cup whole milk
2 large eggs
2 TB regular butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 small OR 1 large apples; peeled, grated, and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 400F and set rack on middle or lower middle position. Grease mini donut pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, 2 TB melted butter, vanilla extract, and grated apple (I use the largest holes of box grater; then squeeze out as much juice as you can. Save juice for drinking – yum.)
- Use rubber spatula to fold wet ingredients with dry ingredients, gently folding just until combined; do not over-mix or it won’t be as tender. Spoon or pipe batter into greased mini donut pans until batter is level with the top of pan. Use damp fingers to gently smooth out the tops.
- Bake about 7 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool in pan just until they are able to be easily removed. Set donuts on wire rack to cool while you make the Caramel Drizzle.
- Use recipe for 4-Ingredient Salted Caramel Drizzle. Let caramel sauce cool to lukewarm; drizzle over donuts and serve.
You can make the Caramel Drizzle days ahead of time. In fact, I often have a jar of this amazing sauce in my fridge. Just re-warm and use when ready!
If not serving donuts right away, don’t drizzle with caramel yet. Keep donuts in an airtight container at moderate room temp for up to 24 hours. Warm caramel to lukewarm and drizzle before serving.
Nutrition information is for donuts only, not including caramel sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
Keywords: Caramel Apple Donuts, Baked Apple Donuts, Mini Apple Donuts