These Chewy Apple Oatmeal Bars are a deliciously healthy on-the-go breakfast. They’re perfect for workout fuel, as well as a tasty afternoon snack you’ll feel great about.
- 1 1/3 cup pure applesauce (no sugar added)
- 6 TB pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grated apple, loosely packed (I like honeycrisp)
- 2 1/2 cup GF old fashioned oats, divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- Optional add-ins: 1/2-1 cup nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, dried fruit, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Grease an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and grated apple. Use hand whisk to combine well; set aside.
- Using a strong blender or food processor, blend 1 cup oats until you have oat flour. In a bowl, combine your oat flour with remaining rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and table salt. Use hand whisk to combine well.
- Gradually pour oat mixture into applesauce mixture, using rubber spatula to fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until no more dry flour streaks remain (do not over mix)
- Use rubber spatula to fully transfer batter into greased 8×8 pan, evening out the corners. Bake 30-35 minutes or just until edges are golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Let baked oatmeal cool at room temp before cutting into bars. Can be stored at room temp, airtight, for 2-3 days.
These oatmeal bars may be wrapped airtight and frozen for a week or two, for easy grab-and-go. Maple syrup can be substituted with pure honey; keep in mind honey is a bit sweeter than maple. For more texture, you can chop your apples instead of grate them, if you like.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we’d love for you to come back and give it a rating 🙂
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Bars