These Chewy M&M Cookie Bars are the chewiest, happiest cookie bars you’ll ever sink your teeth into! Perfect for gift giving, dessert table, cookie exchanges, or just because. They’ll stay chewy for days!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 12 TB salted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 large egg yolk, room temp
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s (holiday colors are great)
- Preheat oven to 325F with rack on lower middle position. Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil, with enough overhang on either side to make a sling (for ease of removal after baking.) Grease foil and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk togehter the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, stir together the melted butter and both sugars. Stir in the egg and extra egg yolk. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold together the dry mixture into the wet mixture, just until incorporated. Do no overmix. Fold in 1 cup of the M&M’s. Reserve the rest for pressing on top.
- Using slightly wet fingers, press dough into an even layer in the greased and foiled pan, making sure to get an even thickness throughout. Press remaining M&M’s on top of dough.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or just until it’s puffy and golden brown. It may seem a bit underbaked, but go ahead and take it out. It will set nicely upon cooling.
- Let cool completely at room temp before removing with the foil sling. Remove entire dessert with the foil sling and place on a cutting board. Cut into squares. Leftovers will keep for days at room temp in an airtight container.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cookie Bars, M&M Cookies, M&M Bars, Dessert Bars