These pumpkin spice cookies are pillowy soft, bursting with huge pumpkin flavor, and drizzled with a tasty cinnamon icing. They stay soft and tasty for days. Perfect for holiday season.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened (not melty)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, more if desired
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips, more if desired
- For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TB whole milk
- 1 TB melted salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and beat until fully combined and creamy.
- Combine the dry ingredients together with the wet ingredients until incorporated. Add in white chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, and mix to combine.
- Form rounded tablespoons and drop onto cookie sheet, and flatten slightly, keeping 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Let cookies cool on baking sheet until they can easily be transferred.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a bowl, and whisk with fork until smooth. Add milk a bit at a time, if needed for drizzling consistency. Drizzle or spread icing over cooled cookies.
- Category: Dessert