This chicken and vegetable tortellini soup is quick, delicious, and hearty yet healthy. Use up leftover roasted chicken or turkey for even faster results. Perfect for a busy fall/winter weeknight!
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 6 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 TB oregano
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 19 oz frozen tortellini
- 1 small bunch fresh kale, washed and roughly cut up
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy pot, combine onions, garlic, and broth. Bring to a boil. Add carrots and celery, and return to a low boil. Cook uncovered at low boil for 30 minutes.
- Add oregano and diced tomatoes. Continue at low boil for 10 more minutes.
- Add frozen tortellini and kale, and bring to a boil. Watch carefully for tortellini to become tender, and taking care not to overcook. Once tortellini is cooked, add cooked/shredded chicken or turkey. Stir to combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Category: dinner, main dish