This Asian Chicken Salad is made with a zesty dressing that’s full of sesame and ginger, with the perfect balance of sweet honey. The crisp Napa cabbage and tender chicken make this salad the ideal spring/summer lunch. Crowd-pleasing potluck choice too!
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar (found in most stores’ Asian aisles)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 TB regular soy sauce
- 2 TB pure honey
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 TB Asian toasted sesame oil (caramel brown in color)
- 1/3 cup canola or olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TB toasted sesame seeds
- For the Salad:
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 head Romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- Half of a large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken (or freshly cooked chicken breasts), shredded
- 1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup crispy chow mein noodles (dried ramen noodles may be substituted)
- In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended. Transfer to desired container and keep chilled.
- When ready to serve: In salad bowl, toss together Napa cabbage, Romaine lettuce, cucumber, carrots, and enough dressing to coat the veggies well. Gently toss in shredded chicken and mandarin oranges, sprinkling in more dressing as desired. Garnish top of salad with almonds and crispy noodles. Serve immediately.
- * Unused dressing may be kept in an airtight container in fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Category: salad, side dish