This copycat recipe for Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls is 200% delish! It’s fresh, healthy, flavorful, and packed with goodies. Cilantro-lime rice is fantastic all on its own. Customize it to satisfy your cravings.
- For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness and towel dried
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TB Homemade Taco seasoning (or store bought packet)
- For Cilantro-Lime Rice:
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 TB salted butter
- 2 tsp table salt
- Juice of 1 large lime, for tossing
- 2/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro, for tossing
- For Burrito Salad
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers, any color
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 diced red onions
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 stalks scallions, chopped
- Garnishes: sour cream, fresh guacamole, fresh salsa
- Cook rice according to package instructions, adding the butter and salt into the water. Without lifting the lid, set cooked rice aside.
- While rice is cooking, prepare the chicken: In a bowl, combine the chicken with oil, lime, taco seasoning. Toss to coat and cover. Marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, chop all the Burrito Salad ingredients and toss them together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grill chicken on medium high heat, about 4 min per side, depending on thickness of chicken. Cook just until center is no longer pink; don’t over-cook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss and fluff rice with a fork. Add the lime juice and cilantro and toss to combine. Spoon rice into individual bowls. Top with Burrito Salad mixture. Add sliced grilled chicken and garnish as desired. Serve warm or at room temp.
- Category: main dish
- Cuisine: Tex Mex, Mexican, Southwestern