These Chocolate Avocado Energy Bars are here to provide healthy energy when you need it. They’re super as pre/post workout fuel or midday pick-me-up. They’re gluten-free and sweetened without refined sugar.
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups toasted chopped nuts (i.e., pecans, almonds, etc.)
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup dry chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for topping
- (Optional: 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels)
- Line a 8×8 pan with foil, leaving enough extra foil around edges to create and overhang to help with easy removal. Grease lightly with your choice of oil (olive oil spray, coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
- In a food processor, add the dates, avocado, and 1 cup nuts, reserving 1/2 cup nuts for later. Pulse until mixture comes together and sticks; you may have to scrape down the sides. Add chia seeds, cocoa powder, and coconut. Pulse until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the reserved 1/2 cup nuts. Stir in chocolate chips, if using. Mixture will be sticky and thick. Press mixture evenly into your prepared pan. Top with extra coconut and lightly press in. Cover and chill until firm enough to cut into bars. Keep bars airtight and chilled until ready to eat.
- Category: snack