These Christmas Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispy Bars are a hit with kids and grownups alike. They’re super easy and guaranteed to vanish. Switch out the colors for any occasion throughout the year. No baking involved!
- 1 cup pure honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups creamy natural peanut butter
- 6 cups dry crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups peanut butter morsels
- 2/3 cups M&M’s
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with oil and set aside. Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine honey and sugar over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Turn off heat. Immediately add the peanut butter, stirring until well combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape mixture into the bowl of cereal. Stir until fully incorporated. Press mixture evenly into bottom and corners of greased pan. (Tip: Works well to use clean, damp fingers)
- In the same saucepan (cleaned out,) combine the chocolate morsels and peanut butter morsels, over low heat, and continually stir until smooth and melted.
- Spread melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the crisp rice mixture in pan, smoothing out evenly. Evenly sprinkle on the M&M’s. When bars reach room temp, cover and chill until set. Cut into bars and serve. (If your room temp is warm, it’s best to keep bars chilled at all times until ready to serve.)
- Category: dessert, treats