This Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe is richly tender, moist, and chocolatey. Finally, a pumpkin recipe that actually uses up an entire can of pumpkin – no random leftovers. This quick bread tastes amazing for breakfast or dessert.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup olive oil (melted coconut oil works, too)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Other: 1 cup mini, semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini ones melt into bread nicely)
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside (bake time is for glass pan; if using a dark loaf pan, you may need to lessen baking time a bit.)
- Use a hand whisk to stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl, until well incorporated. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold together the wet and dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain – do not over mix.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips. Use rubber spatula to scrape all of the batter into prepared loaf pan, evening out the corners.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered. Loosely tent with foil and bake another 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean, with a few tender crumbs attached (keep in mind melted chocolate may make it appear under baked; look for tender crumbs of bread batter on toothpick.)
- Cool entirely in pan on wire rack at room temp. If you can wait until the next day to slice into bread, it’s even better after resting overnight. Once bread is cooled to room temp, use thin knife to gently go around edges of bread and carefully release bread from pan. Slice and serve.
Leftover baked quick bread can be stored in airtight container and frozen for up to 1 month.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Bread, Chocolate Bread