This Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash is the perfect side dish for your fall/winter meals. It’s fantastic as is, or tossed together in salads, soups, or rice bowls.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled/seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 TB olive oil
- 2 TB packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F with rack on upper middle position. Line baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash with remaining ingredients until thoroughly coated. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet, in a single layer, without overcrowding the pieces.
- Roast about 40 minutes, rotating pan midway during baking. When edges are browned and cubes are fork-tender, remove from oven immediately. You may want to start checking squash around 35 minutes, just to ensure that they don’t become overcooked.
- Category: side