This Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup is hearty and healthy. It’s light, full of great ingredients, and most importantly – delicious! Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, this soup comes together easily and quickly.
- 2 TB olive oil
- half of a large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp red curry paste (found in ethnic aisle of grocery stores)
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups regular chicken broth
- 1 can (13.5) unsweetened coconut milk (found in ethnic aisle of grocery stores)
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, shredded (I use rotisserie for ease)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 TB Asian fish sauce (Asian aisle of major grocery stores)
- table salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb snow peas, ends trimmed
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (5 3/4 oz) package dry, wide-cut rice noodles (pad Thai noodles will work)
- In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, red curry paste, yellow curry powder, tumeric, coriander, and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add coconut milk, reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken, green onions, sugar, and fish sauce, and simmer 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm.
- Fill a large saucepan with water; sprinkle generously with table salt. Bring to a boil. Add peas and cook for 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add rice noodles to the pan of water and cook according to package instructions until noodles are chewy yet tender. Drain noodles and mix well with veggies in bowl.
- Divide noodle/veg mixture into serving bowls. Pour chicken soup mixture over the noodles in each bowl. Serve immediately.
Note that cans of unsweetened coconut milk found in ethnic section of grocery stores is different from coconut milk in cartons.
Leftover noodles and soup may be stored in separate airtight containers, and reheated the next day. Noodles may need a sprinkle of water to loosen before reheating.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating 🙂
- Category: dinner, main
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: Thai chicken noodle soup, curry chicken noodle soup, curry noodle soup