This Coconut Rice is perfectly cooked, soft, and aromatic in flavor! It brings plain rice to a deliciously exotic new level! Just 5 ingredients to this yummy coconut rice.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white jasmine rice
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk, shaken up
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 1/4 cups water
- (Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, green onions, or macadamia nuts)
- In a heavy pot, combine coconut milk, sugar, 1/2 tsp table salt, and water. Stir on low heat just until sugar dissolves. Add rice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Immediately cover and reduce to simmer. Simmer 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Keep covered (no peeking!) and let sit 15 minutes.
- Gently fluff the rice. If there is a bit of coconut foam on top, simply fluff it into the rice. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt to taste, and fluff again. Serve warm.
- Category: side